Today is the first day of Sands Awareness Month. Here are some facts about our local support services to raise awareness that over 100 babies will die each week in the UK during the month of June. Did you know:
- we have helped fund bereavement suites and dual purpose bereavement rooms in hospitals to enable bereaved parents to have time with their precious baby?
- we are fortunate to have three baby memorial gardens in Epsom, Guildford and Redhill with our fourth underway in Kingston?
- fundraising has enabled us to buy cuddle cots across the seven hospitals in Surrey?
- that we have a hospital volunteer rep in each of the seven hospitals in Surrey?
- we have 14 UK Sands trained befrienders supporting parents across Surrey?
- as a group we organise different memorial events for our members throughout the year?
- we have a dedicated library of books to support bereaved parents through their grief?
- we have an established sibling support project to help children through their grief?
- we host three bereavement support groups each month in Caterham, Epsom and Guildford?